Thursday, September 23, 2010

Getting ready for the holiday weekend!

These last few days have been extremely hectic. We have been in and out of internet for days now. It seems as though every day that I return from school, we are without power or internet for at least 5 hours. Because of the excessive amounts of free time I have been give, I have finally accomplished reading Eat Pray Love and I truly wished I would have finished it earlier. It was beyond magnificent. It is such an inspiring novel about finding balance within yourself. I take a lot of advice and thought into what Elizabeth Gilbert has written and I hope to put it to good use in the last few weeks that I have left in this amazing country. I want to live every day here, and not take it for granted. Who knows if I will ever make it back, right? I have also realized throughout this experience that all those things that I used to depend on for survival, really have no meaning. They are useless, and I am better off without them. I have depended on several people who did nothing but bring me down. I never imagined my life without them, and after this experience, I have realized I am nothing but a positive and strong person without them. I want this to be the  beginning of my adventure. My dream is to explore the world. I want to live in other places. I want to be able to figure out for myself where I really want to end up. It may be Oregon, it may be South America or even Europe. I will never know unless I see the world through my own eyes.

....Now all I need is a solid job to fund all this for myself. But I guess you have to start somewhere.

As for my second to last weekend here in the Dominican Republic, I just finished packing for another weekend trip in Punta Cana. Not to mention it is a well deserved on. Fiona and I just passed Nivel 3 in class, and our Spanish has drastically improved. I am finally beginning to feel confident having random conversations with strangers. Dominicans are very great about correcting words and sentences, so the DR is a great place to learn. I am really looking forward to spending this weekend with my host sister and her friends. It has been a while since we have all gotten to do something together, and as my time here winds down, I worry that I will miss my family here a lot. They have been amazing to me. I love them from the bottom of my heart, and they have really made this a home away from home. There is no doubt in my mind that I will make it back for another trip in the future to visit my second family. It's a must. But for my "real" family reading this, please remember how badly you know I want to come home and see you. I miss you guys more than anything and two weeks could not come any quicker.

I will not have any internet access on this trip, but do not down that on Sunday I will not be on this blog adding pictures from the second part of my Punta Cana trip. Wish me luck. I will be sure to drink some tropical alcoholic beverages for you all on the beach while you are watching it pour in the states! Love you all. Two weeks and counting!

Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment